Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Perks of the President

The nice thing about having presidency meetings at my house is that I can make dessert. Since there is just Steve & me home, if I'm in the mood for a cake or something sweet, there is no sense in making something just for the two of us. But now I can subject my counselors to my sweet tooth whims, so sorry girls. They are always so gracious and accept my baking frenzy with humble thanks. Last night I tried to stay on the low calorie side of dessert, this made from scratch angel food cake, from Cooking Light magazine, was only 270 calories a slice. It was really good and Steve even had two pieces. I think it's a keeper.

7 comments:

Scrapally said...

I am not in the presidency, but would be HAPPY to come help taste your baking!!! Just let me know when...I'll even bring my own plate and fork! :)

Unknown said...

Yes it is such a sacrifice !!! hahaha It was absolutely wonderful and I was thinner when I left cuz it was light !!! It was also the best cake I've had in quite a while !! Thanks Linda for the treat !! Love Ya R

Grandmotherfairy said...

It was wonderful...and I still lost weight the next day when I weighed in at Weight Watchers!! Post the recipe or at least email it to me...it was delicious!

Crystal said...

I saw the picture, and my mouth started watering.

CarmenT said...

The picture of the cake was beautiful. I loved the black and white cake with the black and white streaks of icing. Only thing was the cake as dry as it looked?

SJonesG said...

I found your blog by accident today.. but wanted to say that this cake looks delicious... where can I find the recipe?

www.1writingservice.com said...

Did you cook this cake on a photo?It looks amazing. How did you make it in two colors? Can you please share a recipe?


Taylor wants to ride in the truch

At Mt. Rushmore

Devils Tower Wyoming