Saturday, June 6, 2009





Jet Lag, but we're back!
After being gone for 3 weeks, one week in Paria and 2 weeks in Switzerland, we arrived back home Friday night. What can I say, our trip was awesome (I wouldn't call it a vacation, I came home ready for a rest). We have been on the go the whole time. We started in Paris on Thursday, May 14 after a 3 hour flight to Dallas then a 3 hour flight to Boston then an over night 6 hour flight into Paris at 7:00 am the next morning. I can only say Thank goodness for flying First Class. I think that was just as much a fun part of the trip . We loved the seats that went flat into a bed and your own personal T.V. that played about 40 movies and video games, I loved the little kit they give you with the sox to keep your feet warm, the ear plugs, night shades, tooth brush, hand lotion and chap stick.
The flight home wasn't as much fun. Leaving Zurich at 7:00 am, flying to London (only 1 1/2 hours). London to Dallas, 9 1/2 hours, a 4 1/2 hour layover in Dallas and finally a 3 hour flight to Fresno, home by 9:30 p.m. It was daylight the whole time. We were awake for about 22 hours, so this is just a short post, with more pictures to follow. Glad to be back, I missed everybody, my grandkids, people speaking Engligh and your blogs.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, you were missed. The pics are awesome.
Marnee

kelly said...

Love the pics! They make me want to sing..."The hills are alive..."
I can't wait to see more pics and hear about your trip. First class sounds pretty awesome. Maybe someday I'll be on a flight that lasts more than an hour!

Grandmotherfairy said...

I am so glad that you are back...we missed you. See you this morning for your lesson:)...just kidding........

Scrapally said...

We are glad you are back!! sounds like and awesome trip and we can't wait to see more pictures!!! I too wanted to sing the hills are alive when I saw the first picture! :) Have a restful day.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are back !! I saw you drive by when I was having my impromptu yard sale yesterday !! Get some rest and then post those pics !!! Can't wait !!! lol

Megan said...

Finally you guys are back! 3 weeks sure is a long time but I can't wait to here about everything you guys did and see pictures. Cali is ready to play with Grandma and Grandaddy so we are really looking forward to your next trip too...to Utah :)

Nicole Saunders said...

What?! You come back from 3 weeks of breathtaking sightseeing and your blog is mostly about the plane ride??

Kelli Mackerell said...

I think the next time to Europe should be a mother/daughter trip. I'm a much better at shopping, eating and site seeing than dad! How does Clovis compare to Paris?


Taylor wants to ride in the truch

At Mt. Rushmore

Devils Tower Wyoming