Monday, September 22, 2008

Falling into sewing....

From this ......I wanted a table runner to go with my fall decor but couldn't find anything I liked. I was at my friends, Rebecca Sorenson, and of course she had one that she had quilted. She got me started on the right tract and I spent the week making one. It was fun sewing again, I just don't like lugging out the sewing machine from the closet. But the finished project turned out pretty good. I happy with it. Now I just have to get into the fall spirit (it is kind of hard when it is still warm out. Hopefully on our trip to Nauvoo and various church history sites this week, the weather will be cool.
To this



9 comments:

Judy Ryan said...

I love the title as much as I love the runner. If I weren't at school right now, you would be my inspiration to peruse Joanne's for an hour or so and create something myself. But these things pass...
Great looking blog!

Stephanie Saunders said...

Show off ;) It looks great! Almost as great as my beautiful carousel horse will look someday... once I decide on the colors, that is.

Kelli Mackerell said...

Way cute mom! When are you going to make mine? Remember I am your favorite daughter.

kathryn said...

There's a gene that totally skipped me. Sewing is NEVER fun.

kelly said...

I love it, especially the pumpkins around the edge. 2 of my favorite fall things, pumpkins and candy corn (I like how they look)

donnam said...

That is amazing Linda. Oh how I wished I liked to sew!

Crystal said...

Leave it to my mom to inspire a sewing project! It turned out really well!

Unknown said...

Seriously Linda....You are my hero!

I LOVE the runner. It is just BEAUTIFUL!! :)

Grandmotherfairy said...

I can't believe that is the first try...it is beautiful!!

Will you teach me??


Taylor wants to ride in the truch

At Mt. Rushmore

Devils Tower Wyoming